The 6th Ibero-American Attachment Network International Conference invites expert
professionals and researchers from different countries to present and discuss their research,
clinical intervention, and policy experiences (programs and projects included) on attachment
theory topics across a person’s entire life cycle.
This space for dialog and debate will foster the exchange of knowledge between professionals
and students interested in the subject, as well as interactions between the participants’ proposals.
The 6 th Ibero-American Attachment Network International Conference will be held between
September 9 and 12 of 2020 in Lima, Peru and it is organized by Attachment Relationships and Social Emotional Development Reserch Group – Department of Psychology – Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (PUCP) and Ibero-American Attachment Network (RIA).
- To foster academic exchange through the discussion of research, clinical interventions,
and policies (programs and projects included) based on attachment theory, focusing on
early childhood, infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
- To serve as a space for dialog between attachment theory, neuroscience, and culture-focused research, incorporating contemporary contributions about the interaction between culture and biology. Additionally,
the event is intended to promote dialog about the current understanding of the relationship
between attachment and relational psychoanalysis.
The RIA Conference has been held biennially since 2012. This event is the sixth RIA Conference. Previous ones were held in:
- Panamá City, Panamá (2010)
- Santiago de Chile, Chile (2012)
- San Diego, USA (2014)
- Bogotá, Colombia (2016)
- Montevideo, Uruguay (2018).